Aug 18, 2010

Chicken with Potato

Chicken with potato is one of the dishes that Ah Po often make for us. This dish is simple, just like my Ah Po, yet very fulfilling. I guess that's how some dishes become the staple of home-cooked meals and never made it to the menu in restaurants.

The following recipe and instructions were given by my mom; I'm not sure how my Ah Po cook hers. To think of it, Ah Po never asks me to help in the kitchen. I couldn't recall exactly, but it's very likely that she had told me, "Don't disturb! Go study!" or "Go sweep the floor" or some other chores. Just not cooking.




Chicken with Potato
2 - 3 tbsp of oil
2 - 3 cloves of garlic
1 - 2 potatoes, sliced
1/2 chicken, cut into bite sizes

Sauce:
3 tbsp of oyster sauce
3 tbsp of dark soy sauce
1 tbsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of sugar
3 tbsp of water

Heat oil and fry the potatoes. When slightly brown, dish up and set aside.
Then brown the garlic. Add in chicken and stir fry until chicken is cooked. Add in browned potatoes and stir fry for a little, about 3 - 6  minutes.
Put in sauce mixture, stir until well blended with the chicken and potatoes.
Lower the heat and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes.
Serve with white rice.

No comments: