Jun 30, 2010

Sa Cha Beef

My friend, Andy, and I used to go to a Chinese restaurant in downtown Akron when we were in college. We often ordered the Sa Cha Beef. This dish was not on the menu, but we go there often enough that they will make the dish for us. Because both Andy and I don't like spinach (or I don't like greens in general, at the time), we would ask for baby corns. So, here's my rendition of Sa Cha Beef with baby corns.



Sa Cha Beef
1 lbs of beef tenderloin
Baby corns

Marinade:
1 tbsp of water
1 tsp of cornstarch

Sauce Mix:
2 1/2 tbsp of Sa Cha Sauce
1 1/2 tbsp of premium oyster sauce
1/2 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of cornstarch

Marinade beef for 15 minutes.
Stir fry beef with 1 - 2 tbsp of oil until done. Pour in the sauce mix and heat through. Add in baby corns and stir well.
Serve warm.

No comments: